My favourites posts are a summary of the museums, theatres, attractions, events, walks, holidays, TV, radio, books, music, etc that I’ve been enjoying, plus any guest posts and collaborations I’ve been involved with. From 2018 I’ve posted them on a monthly basis.
I find these posts very useful, as there can be many things that deserve a mention even if they don’t warrant a full blog post. But if I have produced longer posts, videos or Instagram photosets for particular items, then links are included in the favourites posts.
- Spring – Social media, setting in to London, Thinking Bob, Tubeopoly, TV & radio.
- Entertainment – Favourite dramas, comedies, documentaries, films, audiobooks, podcasts and music from the year.
- Christmas – Festive food, socialising, TV & radio.
- January – Harry Potter Studios, Harry Potter exhibition, Information Age exhibition, Tate Modern, Beauty & The Beast (panto), and other entertainment.
- February – Guest posts, Rare Disease Day, Winter (theatre show), Museum Of London, Imperial War Museum tour, Apsley House tour, London Vision pub social, Hampstead Heath walk, Talking Statues, Cities Talking app tours, and other entertainment.
- March – Primary school talk, Black Panther, Comedy Store Players, An Evening Of Unnecessary Detail, Wicked, Vitality Big Half Marathon, shopping (for clothes, home & Easter), flatbed microwave, Netflix stand-up comedy specials (Ricky Gervais, James Acaster & Katherine Ryan), Saturday Night Takeaway (Ant’s suspension), Rick Parfitt’s album, and other entertainment.
- April – Aniridia Network Conference, Naidex, ultrahaptics testing, Wallace Collection, Motown The Musical, park walks (Mile End Park, Victoria Park & Regent’s Park), Cunk On Britain, and other entertainment.
- May – Naidex radio interview, East London walks, Lloyd Park walk (Walthamstow), Guildford visit, City Sculpture Trail, Bloomsbury app tour, Grand Union Canal Meetup walk, Lush, Taskmaster, Jon Richardson: Ultimate Worrier, Humans, Greg Davies stand-up special, All The Stations documentary, Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Blu-ray), Lockwood & Co audiobook, and other entertainment.
- June – Aniridia & Nystagmus Days, Shades For Sight, theatre (Peter Pan & Libby’s Eyes), exhibitions (Ocean Liners, Volcanoes & Earthquakes, Restless Surface, Mathematics & Teeth), Haunted London Tour, Loo Tour, Bloomsbury & Chelsea app tours, Young Sheldon, Christian O’Connell, 80’s Re:Covered album, and other entertainment.
- July – Assistive technology posts, guest post, Yoocan motivational quote, Go Ape, London Vision pub social, bowling, exhibitions (Monet & Mammals), Camberwell College Of Arts tour, haptic technology testing, Knightmare Live, Newham Carnival & Show, So What Now?, I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue, and other entertainment.
- August – Aniridia Day webinars, blogger shoutouts, A Monster Calls, exhibitions (Making The Modern World & Secret Life Of The Home), Greenwich walk, Portsmouth visit (including D-Day Story museum), Torquay visit, Def Leppard albums box set and live album, Doctor Who: Series 9 Soundtrack, Adam Hills autobiography, Lush, food & home shopping, and Amazon Smile.
- September – Nystagmus Network Open Day, Richard Osman, guest posts, Dishoom!, Video Games exhibition, Buckingham Palace garden & State Rooms tours, Thames Path walks, Emirates Airline Cable Car, Taskmaster, Led Zeppelin & Rolling Stones live albums, CD & DVD binders, Bensons For Beds, and Lush.
- October – Orbit Tower Abseil, Much Ado About Nothing, London Transport Museum, Audio Description study, Queen at Carnaby, East London Vision’s 5th birthday party, RNIB’s 150th anniversary, bowling, Doctor Who: Series 11, The Big Bang Theory: Seasons 11 & 12, Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy, You Can’t Polish A Nerd, other entertainment & blogger shoutouts.
- November – Theatre (La Fille Mal Gardée, Comedy About A Bank Robbery & A Pupil), Angel Comedy Club, History Showoff, Madame Tussauds, Portsmouth visit (including Mary Rose Museum), Bohemian Rhapsody movie, Audiobook Of The Year (No Such Thing As A Fish), other entertainment, guest post & blogger shoutouts.
- Christmas – Food & Fashion – Social Christmas meals, M&S, Waitrose, Fortnum & Mason, Christmas jumper & gloves.
- Christmas – Entertainment – New equipment (TV, Blu-ray player & soundbar), Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, Doctor Who, Outlander, The Flash, Click & Collect, Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy, sitcoms, topical comedies, comedy quizzes, stand-up comedians, Kenny Everett Video Show, BBC Christmas Tapes, Rolling Stones Blu-ray, Madness New Year Concert, Junior Choice & LadBaby.
- Christmas – Out & About – A Christmas Carol (play), Dick Whittington (panto), It’s A Wonderful Life (film), Carols From Around The World (concert), A Time Traveller’s Christmas (exhibition) & London Zoo (evening event).
- January – Anni Albers exhibition, Conductive Coding workshop, Museum Of Brands, Home Futures exhibition, London Vision socials, Mac Mojave update, static shocks life hack, Bird Box movie & challenge, blind people using phones, Outlander, 2Point4 Children & entertainment purchases.
- February – Art Through Words workshop, Fan Museum tour, V&A Museum Of Childhood, Europe 1600-1815 exhibition, The White Album Box Set (The Beatles), Red Dwarf Blu-ray box set, Super Tile Smash, Captivating! Magazine, Nystagmus book, Rare Disease Day & podcasts.
- March – Naidex, TFL Access All Areas, London Vision Information Day, Disabled Access Day guest posts, St Paul’s Cathedral tour, Cheshire Chuckle comedy night, theatre (The American Clock, Alys Always & Flight Paths), Postal Museum Tour, Tower Bridge Tour, Painted Hall reopening, British Museum sensory event, Sun exhibition, Tube Train Supper Club, All The Stations: Ireland & QI DVDs.
- April – National Theatre tour, Hauser & Wirth Gallery tour, Smoke & Mirrors exhibition, riverside & park walks, Derren Brown: Sacrifice, Bohemian Rhapsody Blu-ray & other entertainment.
- May – Documentary filming, Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels, V&A Museum exhibitions (Mary Quant, Food & Europe 1600-1815), Beasts Of London, Big Bang Theory finale, Doctor Who: Series 11 Blu-ray, QI DVDs & other entertainment.
- June – Liverpool holiday, Aniridia Network Conference speech, Leonard Cheshire podcast, See Differently documentary appearance, Van Gogh exhibition, Driverless exhibition, Sculpture In The City trail, Albert Bridge to Westminster Bridge walk, Finsbury Park walk, Toy Story 4, Black Mirror: Season 5, Good Omens, Def Leppard: CD Collection Volume 2, Rolling Stones: Bridges To Babylon & Freddie Mercury: Time Waits For No One.
- Back On My Feet – August absence updates (PIP claim, illness & relationship)
- July & August – Only Fools And Horses The Musical, An Evening Of Unnecessary Detail, Sir John Soane’s Museum, Manga exhibition, Blackfriars to St Katharine Docks walk, Regent’s Canal walk, Frieze Sculpture Park, RNIB Connect Young People Social, Newham Show, new iMac computer, Yesterday movie, The Beatles biography, classic films on Blu-ray, Red Dwarf replacement discs & Dad’s Army: The Lost Episodes.
- September – What Is Normal? (Documentary), Growing In Confidence With Aniridia (Speech), guest posts and article contributions, Albert Bridge to Wandsworth Bridge walk, Chuck, At Last The 1948 Show, Do Not Adjust Your Set, Backbone (Status Quo) & Abbey Road Box Set (The Beatles).
- October – PIP claim decision, health update, Pitch Black (audio game), Disability Emojis, Never Boring Box Set (Freddie Mercury), Toy Story 4, An American Werewolf In London, Doctor Who: The Specials, Stranger Things, Would I Lie To You?, Taskmaster, Dave Gorman: Terms & Conditions Apply, Red Dwarf: Special announcement & Not Going Out: Halloween Special.
- November – BBC World Service & 5 News appearances for Scope’s Big Hack, Parthenon course, Sight Village, Illuminated River, Netflix & iCloud sams, Monty Python Blu-ray box set, Fawlty Towers Blu-ray upgrade, Dad’s Army: The Lost Episodes, The Big Bang Theory: Season 12, Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot, The Cockfields, Taskmaster move to Channel 4, The Rolling Stones: Bridges To Buenos Aires, ELO: From Out Of Nowhere & Madness: Bullingdon Boys.
- Christmas – Out & About – Troy exhibition, Play Well exhibition, and festive displays in Oxford Street, Chelsea, Barking and Exeter.
- Christmas – Food – Socials, Lindt, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Walkers Shortbread
- Christmas – Entertainment – Disability Download Podcast, sitcoms (including The Goes Wrong Show & The Simpsons DVD), topical shows, comedy gameshows, stand-up comedy (including Tim Vine DVD), other stand-up comedy, How To Be Human, Worzel Gummidge, Paddington 1 & 2, Elf, music programmes (including Junior Choice & TV Themes), music downloads (including the Only Fools And Horses Musical, Suzi Quatro, The Who & LadBaby).
New adventures coming soon. 🙂