Thank you for showing an interest in contacting me! 🙂 Please read these brief notes before filling out the contact form below.
You are much more likely to get a reply if your message addresses me by name, is polite and respectful, and relates to the main themes of my blog, which are:
- Visual Impairment – e.g. its impacts, accessibility, assistive tech, etc.
- London Life – e.g. arts & culture, walks, shopping, things to do, etc.
- Scam Awareness – e.g. email scams, phone scams, etc.
- Entertainment – e.g. music TV, films, DVDs & Blu-ray, etc.
I am very happy to receive & consider:
- Respectful comments on my content. Abuse will be removed and reported.
- Requests for research interviews (e.g. to find out more about my life as a disabled person and my various adventures).
- Invites for media appearances (TV, documentaries, radio, podcasts, etc) that are relevant to my themes above.
- Guest post & collaboration ideas that are relevant to my themes above. Be sure to give me one or two of your ideas, and links to your other work.
- Messages from organisations who support visually impaired people (e.g. through their services, products, campaigns, etc).
- Messages from arts & culture organisations (e.g. museums & theatres), especially if you provide audio described events, touch tours and other forms of accessibility.
- Invites to test the accessibility of websites and apps to ensure I can use them as a visually impaired person, and advise you on improvements.
- Paid public speaking opportunities, to talk about my life as a visually impaired person and the importance of accessibility.
- Paid advertisement features, if relevant to my themes above. I am very picky about what I accept for this purpose, but if I do publish your article it will be clearly labelled as a paid ad.
- Free products, services, entertainment, etc to review, if relevant to my themes above. I will always give my own honest opinions, good or bad, and openly declare that I am reviewing a PR gift.
I will NOT respond to:
- Messages that fail to address me by name and do not tell me your name (and company name if applicable). My name is easy to find here.
- Abusive or threatening messages. These will be reported, and I reserve the right to publish them (with your name) on my blog and social media.
- Guest post requests without topic ideas. If you’re keen to post here, then I need to know that your suggestions are suitable and relevant.
- Unsolicited marketing, including promotions for internet marketing, SEO, PPC, web design and social media management, plus other general spam. I sometimes share scams and suspicious emails on my blog to warn people.
- Infographics, because they are inaccessible to visually impaired people.
- Offers to publish positive reviews in exchange for money, gifts, services, special treatment, etc. I only ever give my honest opinions, good or bad.
- Advert requests & public speaking invitations without offer of payment. If you’re serious about using my site to promote your business, or having me speak at an event, then a small contribution for my time is only fair.
In any case, please be patient and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to hearing from you!