My name is Glen, and I am a visually impaired blogger based in London. I’m a university graduate who has been working as an IT developer in the printing department of a local authority since 2004.
Here in my blog I discuss my life with sight loss, including the importance of accessibility & assistive technology. I also write a lot about the things I enjoy doing in London and beyond, including socialising, theatre, concerts, museums, comedy, travel, walks, classic rock & pop music, science fiction, games & quizzes, etc. I also produce related content on Youtube & Instagram, and I share updates on new content via Twitter & Facebook, while subscribers to this blog can also get notifications via email.
There’s a whole Topics Index mapping out my content but, to get you started, some of my favourite posts and adventures include:
- Living With Aniridia & Nystagmus – An insight into my eye conditions, so to speak.
- iPhone 13 Accessibility & Apps – One of the major ways I use assistive technology.
- What Is Normal? – Documentary made by students of Met Film School.
- Media Appearances & Public Speaking – TV, radio, podcasts, speeches & more.
- Guest Posts & Interviews – Articles that I have written or contributed to.
- Nystagmus Charity Abseil – Descending the Orbit Tower in aid of Moorfields.
- London Helicopter Ride – Soaring over the city for a friend’s birthday.
- Theatres & Concerts – Reviews of audio described performances and other shows.
- Museums & Galleries – Reviews of audio described tours and other exhibitions.
- My Monthly Favourites – Regular roundups of my activities and adventures.
So please enjoy looking around, there should be something for everyone. I hope you find my disability content educational, interesting and supportive, and you find things that appeal to you within my adventures and entertainment genres.
You’re also welcome to leave respectful comments, questions and suggestions on my content, or you can contact me directly via social media and email. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂
- I, Glen Turner, am the creator and owner of the Well Eye Never name, branding, blog site, Youtube channel, Facebook page, Twitter feed, Instagram profile & Bloglovin’ page, including all of the content I have personally created on all of those sites (text, images, audio, video, etc). Please do not use any of my information and content without my permission and without crediting me as the source.
- All opinions expressed in my personal posts and videos are my own and are honest. I always have full editorial control over my content, and will only ever give positive or negative reviews at my personal discretion. I have never accepted payments or gifts to express a specific opinion, and will never do so.
- Advertisements are filed under the Adverts category, and are clearly marked with “AD” at the beginning of the relevant post title or section heading. They also include an explanation for transparency at the start of the body text, to indicate whether I have been paid or gifted to feature the content. I am extremely selective about featuring adverts here, only allowing them if I feel they are relevant to the themes of my blog and are suitable for my audience.
- Content featured here that has been created by others (e.g. third party text, images, audio, videos, links, etc) remains the property of the original authors. Their views and opinions represent their own perspectives, and do not necessarily align with my own views.
- All information, advice, links and other content are published on my sites in good faith, and I cannot guarantee that they are accurate or up-to-date, though I will of course endeavour to correct errors if I become aware of them. I therefore strongly urge you to do your own research and take relevant precautions as necessary for your safety. Any action you do take based on the information provided on this site, and on external sites I link to, is at your own risk.
- You must always consult qualified personnel for advice on medical, legal, financial and other important matters. Failure to do so, or ignoring any advice they give you, is at your own risk. I do not have sufficient knowledge or experience to advise on such matters myself, and you should never fully rely ob blogs, forums, social media, etc for that kind of information either.
- Personal Information Collection – This site may collect personal information from its visitors in a number of ways, including when they subscribe or fill out a form on the site. The information that is collected may include names and email addresses, but only if visitors voluntarily submit this information. Please note that personal information is not used for anything other than the intended purpose. Users have the option to refuse to provide this information and visit this site anonymously, but this may stop them from engaging in some site activities such as subscribing or posting comments.
- Personal information Protection – Please be assured that any personal information that visitors submit is not shared with others. This does not include any data that is obliged to be kept for administrative, legal or security purposes. This website also adopts appropriate data collection, storage and processing procedures and security measures to prevent unauthorised access.
- Cookies – If you leave a comment on this site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.