Hey there, thank you for stopping by! 🙂
To cover the basics – my name is Glen, I live in the UK, I’m in my 30s, I work as an IT developer, and I enjoy going out and about, socialising, comedy, sci-fi & fantasy, and classic rock & pop music.
Oh, and I have slightly dodgy eyesight, as a result of Aniridia and Nystagmus. It is only minor, and it’s never stopped me doing any of the above. Sure, I might need help finding or reading things occasionally, and it throws up little frustrations now and again, but the vast majority of the time I’m just as independent as anyone else. To me, my vision is normal, because I’ve had my condition since birth. I don’t feel like I’m missing anything.
So please don’t worry about my eyesight, because I don’t. Seriously. It’s my sense of humour that should concern you more, not my other senses! I’m not joking! Or am I? 😉
Anyway, in this blog, you’ll find me rambling about all of the above. And you can jump to any category that particularly interests you:
I also have a Youtube channel where, among other things, you’ll find:
- My Disability Videos
- My Holiday Videos
- My Favourite Music (including theme songs and Doctor Who)
- My DVDs & Blu-Rays
- Videos I like about disability, visual impairment, Aniridia & Nystagmus, comedy and London.
All videos containing speech have closed captions for the hearing impaired, and the transcript is reproduced in this blog as well.
I’m also on Instagram as well, where I’m sharing lots of my old photos from years gone by, as well as more recent pictures I’ve been taking.
So please enjoy looking around, there should be something here for everyone:
- If you’re visually impaired or disabled, or you look after such an individual, I hope my experiences are of some interest and support to you.
- If you’re not disabled, I hope my disability posts help to clear up some false assumptions and misconceptions, and give you some useful insights and advice.
- And apart from that, I hope people find things among my music, TV and film tastes that they also like, and enjoy reading about my travel experiences and other things.
Do feel free to comment on my posts and videos with any feedback you may have, or any suggestions for posts and videos you’d like to me to do next. You’re also very welcome to tweet me of course, while private contact can be made by Twitter DMs (if we follow each other) or via email (welleyenever *at* icloud *dot* com). Thanks again for visiting! 🙂