This page contains a long list of blogs, video channels and podcasts related to the themes of my site. If you have any links you think I should add, feel free to contact me.
- Sight Loss & Disability:
Sight Loss Bloggers
My Top 10
- Fashioneyesta – Blog / TikTok / Youtube
Emily posts about sight loss, disability, beauty, fashion, books and travel. She was a big inspiration for me to start blogging. I first met her during my first year in London, and am currently her support worker for her journalism career. She also co-produces the Fashionability podcast.
- Extreme Dreams – Website / Youtube
Dean was a member of staff at my school and is a great friend, with a wonderful sense of humour. Through his love of extreme sports and his expertise at motivational speaking, he shows that blindness isn’t a barrier to achieving your dreams.
- Fern Lulham – Website / Youtube / Radio
Fern is a fantastic motivational speaker and radio presenter, and has aniridia and nystagmus like me. We became friends after meeting at the Aniridia Network Conference, and she’s since interviewed me on BBC Radio 4’s In Touch and AMI Audio’s Kelly & Company.
- Life Of A Blind Girl – Blog / TikTok / Youtube
Holly regularly writes about life with visual impairment and assistive technology, is a great disability advocate, and talks about other things including beauty and lifestyle. She once interviewed me for her Happy Hour radio show.
- My Blurred World – Blog
Elin is another friendly blogger who regularly writes about her life with visual impairment.
- Dr Amy Kavanagh – Website / TikTok / Twitch
Amy is a keen activist and campaigner for disability rights and accessibility, engaging in media appearances and public speaking, sharing advice and her experiences.
- James Rath – Website / TikTok / Youtube / Blind Abroad Project
An accomplished activist, filmmaker and public speaker, James posts a lot of informative videos about sight loss, accessible technology and more.
- JC5 Productions – TikTok / Youtube
Juan is a good online friend who makes very creative short films and openly discusses his experiences as a visually impaired person.
- Accessibility Insights – Blog
Laura’s reviews and recommendations on technology and devices to assist the visually impaired.
- Adventures In Low Vision – Blog
Susan’s blog about her sight loss experiences and advice for others with low vision.
- Alex Man – Youtube
Alex is blind and posts videos about accessible technology, including smart devices.
- Alyssa Irene – Youtube
Alyssa’s videos about her life with blindness.
- Amy Bovaird – Blog
Amy has Usher Syndrome and Retinitis Pigmentosa, and mainly blogs about sight loss and mobility. She’s also the author of several books, an inspirational speaker, a life coach and a born-again Christian.
- Balls And Balloons – Blog
Blog by mother and wife Janelle, discussing aniridia, sight loss, sensory processing disorders, family life, activities and adventures with her children, and more.
- Beyond Sight – Blog
Lois Strachan’s blog about living with blindness and using assistive technology
- Beyond The Eyes – Blog
Jordan’s blog about his experiences as a blind person.
- The Big PICture – Blog
Beth’s blog about life with Punctate Inner Choroidopathy (PIC), along with other posts about lifestyle in general.
- Bird Nerd Sophie – TikTok / Youtube
Sophie’s videos about life as a visually impaired person, her love of birds and games, and more.
- Blind Abilities – Blog / Youtube
Informative and positive blog and podcast for the visually impaired.
- Blind Girl Adventures – Blog / Youtube
Sassy posts about life with sight loss, her love of beauty products and more. And in conjunction with Holly from Life Of A Blind Girl, she also runs the Purple Elephant Facebook group for disabled bloggers.
- Blind Girl Musings – Blog
Khushi writes about her life with Retinopathy of Prematurity, her love of books and music, and more.
- Blind Girl Vlogs – Youtube
Videos by Siobhan Meade about her experiences as a blind person.
- The Blind Life – Youtube
Sam makes lots of videos about assistive technology and other tips that can help make day-to-day life easier if you can’t see.
- The Blind Mom Next Door – Youtube
Nicole’s videos about being a visually impaired wife and mother, including DIY and craft projects, household management advice and more.
- Blind Motherhood – Blog
Holly’s blog about being a visually impaired mother, wife and social worker, with technology and lifestyle articles too.
- Blind Not Bored – Youtube
Youtube channel by two visually impaired ladies, Mared and Megan. There are only a few videos here, but they’re worth watching.
- Blind On The Move – Youtube
Orientation and mobility resources, reviews and tutorials for blind people by a certified instructor from America.
- Blind One Lives – Youtube / Podcast
Content by Alisha, a blind college student and freelance writer with optic nerve hypoplasia.
- Blind Parents UK – Youtube
Videos about Mac & iPhone accessibility, and a few other clips.
- Blind SOS – Youtube
Videos by Cal, who is blind, and his sighted partner Jess, giving tips and advice to help visually impaired people live as independently as possible.
- Blind Spot – Blog
Hannah’s blog about her life as a partially sighted academic, including posts about history, literature, art, film and society.
- Blind To Billionaire – Youtube
Matt’s videos about his visual impairment, active lifestyle and his work to influence others.
- Blind Travels – Blog
Ted’s reviews of places, food and accommodation by a visually impaired traveller.
- The Blind Truth – Blog
Blog by Anna Tylor, Chair of Vision Foundation, about her experiences as a visually impaired person.
- The Blind Warrior – Blog
Blog by Laura, who was born and raised in Chicago with the condition Retinopathy of Prematurity.
- Blind Woodturner – Youtube
Videos by Chris from his wood turning workshop
- Blue Butterfly Enterprises – Blog
Blog posts and videos by author, life coach and motivational speaker Rebecca, about her experiences living with blindness.
- Bluetech – Youtube
Videos about visual impairment, accessible technology, unboxings and more.
- Bold Blind Beauty – Blog / Podcast
Stephanae’s blog about blindness, beauty and more.
- Breaking Blind – Youtube
Youtube videos by a blind lady who lives life to the full.
- Catch These Words – Blog / Youtube
Videos by Connor Scott-Gardner, a blind transgender man, documenting his transition from female to male.
- Cayla With A C – Youtube
Cayla’s videos about her life and experiences as a blind person with Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- Chelby Farley – TikTok / Youtube
Chelby is a blind vlogger, and she updates her channel on a regular basis.
- Chloe Tear – Blog / Youtube
Chloe’s blog about living with cerebral palsy and visual impairment. I met her at Naidex 2019.
- Delagrande – Blog / Youtube
Blogger, photographer and motivational speaker Demi posts about her experience of losing her vision, beauty and fashion, daily life, and more.
- Double Vision – Blog
Blog run by twin sisters Joy & Jenelle, writing about their experiences with sight loss and motherhood.
- Gabby Mendonca – Youtube
Gabriella’s videos about her life with blindness.
- Girl Gone Blind – Blog / Podcasts
Maria’s blog about living with blindness and being a mother.
- Gleamed – Blog
Blog by visually impaired artist Kimberly, writing about her disability and illustrations.
- Harris’ Inkwell – Blog / TikTok / Youtube
Amanda has a degree in print journalism, and writes about disability awareness, her personal life and anything else that interest her.
- How Casey Sees It – Youtube / Podcast
Casey’s videos about living with her visual impairment, along with general advice and opinions on various disability topics.
- How I See Things I Love – Youtube
Videos by Brandi, a Texas mother, on the topics of her visual impairment, family life and their animals.
- Ian Treherne – Website / Youtube
Photos and videos by Ian, a blind photographer and filmmaker.
- Illegally Sighted – Youtube
Videos about technology and gaming from the perspective of a legally blind person.
- Inside The Hairy Classroom – Blog
Blog by Laura, who is blind and studying to become a teacher.
- The Invisible Vision Project – Blog
Blog by Xin (Carol) Sun, who writes about her personal journey, experiences, thoughts and feelings living with blindness.
- Jake Sawyers – Blog
Jake is a severely sight impaired actor, photographer and comedian.
- Jazmin Ruiz – Blog
Jazmin’s blog about sight loss, disability, society and culture.
- Jordan Sheehy – Youtube
Jordan posts videos about her daily life, disability, book reading, Christianity and veganism.
- Joy Ross – Youtube
Joy’s videos about her experiences while living with sight loss.
- Just Call Me Elm Or Something – Blog
Elm’s blog about living with blindness, and the things she enjoys and gets up to.
- Justin Holland – Youtube
Jason’s videos about his life as a blind bodybuilder.
- Katie – Youtube
Katie’s videos about living with sight loss.
- Katie’s Vision – Blog
Katie’s blog about living with the visual impairment Stargardts, and how it doesn’t stop her going travelling and having lots of fun experiences.
- Kika Guide Dog – Twitter Videos
Watch the world through Kika’s eyes as she takes her owner Dr Amit Patel around London, with videos showing the good and the bad about their journeys together.
- Kristin Smedley – Website / Youtube
Kristin, a mother of 2 blind children, is a disability advocate, motivational speaker, author and blogger, raising awareness and supporting those living with sight loss.
- Lauren’s Inspirations – Blog / Youtube
Lauren posts about her life with Optic Nerve Hypoplasia, assistive technology, music, crafts, beauty and more.
- Lauren & Sheba – Youtube
Videos by Lauren, who has albinism and sight loss, about her experiences.
- Legally Blind Geek – Youtube
Mike’s videos about Mac accessibility and other topics.
- Life After Sight Loss – Youtube
Motivational videos by Derek Daniels about coping with sight loss and using assistive technology.
- Life Unscripted – Blog
Blind Beader writes about living with visual impairment and her love of reading.
- A Little More Understanding – Blog
Alice writes about living with dyspraxia and nystagmus, as well as other issues relating to disability, mental health, politics, education and more.
- Live Accessible – Youtube
Carrie and her son Pablo Joseph have aniridia like me, while her husband Pablo is totally blind. Here they share tips, advice, tutorials and information to help families with sight loss to live in a more accessible way.
- Low Vision UK: Terry’s View – Blog / Youtube
Terry’s blog about his experience of living with visual impairment.
- Lucy Edwards – Website / TikTok / Youtube
Lucy’s videos about living with sight loss, and her love of beauty and fashion.
- Luke Sam Sowden – Blog / TikTok / Youtube
Luke’s posts and videos on disability, beauty, fashion, food, books, films and more.
- Mel’s Blind Life – Youtube
Mel’s videos from Australia about living with her visual impairment.
- Miranda’s Musings – Blog
Blog by Miranda, a Christian raising awareness of the challenges and experiences of being blind.
- Molly Burke – Website / TikTok / Youtube
Molly is a blind activist, TV presenter and motivational speaker, who entertains and educates her millions of followers with videos about her life with sight loss.
- Molly Watt Talks – Blog / Youtube
Molly is deafblind due to Usher’s Syndrome, and is a public speaker advocating the provision and use of assistive technology for people with sensory impairments.
- My Life, My Story – Blog
Blog by Ellie, sharing her experiences and opinions as a woman within the LGBT community who has a visual impairment, epilepsy and moderate depression.
- My Take On Disability – Blog
Blog by Divya, who is visually impaired, raising awareness for people with disabilities and promoting inclusion.
- My Visually Impaired Life – Youtube
Videos by Vincent Grasso about his experiences with sight loss and his use of assistive technology.
- Navigating Chloe’s World – Blog
Blog written by the mother of Chloe, a deafblind child.
- Nystagmus In A Nutshell – Blog
Sophie’s blog about nystagmus and other general things that interest her.
- Nystagmus Mum – Blog
Blog by Sue, the mother of a child with nystagmus. She also runs the Nystagmus Network in the UK.
- Osusome – Instagram
Anime art by Sophie, who has aniridia like me. I met her at an Aniridia Network meetup.
- Photo Narrations – Blog
Blog promoting photo narration to make images accessible to the visually impaired.
- Planes, Trains & Canes – Youtube
A series of videos from a blind traveller to different cities by public transport.
- Quinny44 – Youtube
Youtube channel about a lady’s experiences with nystagmus.
- Random Musings Of A Dyspraxic – Blog
Blog by Phillippa about her daily life with dyspraxia, partial sight and scoliosis.
- RD Ramblings – Blog
Emma’s thoughts and observations as a retinal detachment patient.
- Rock For Disability – Blog
Blog by Emma, who has cerebral palsy and is blind, about her love of gigs, concerts, films, sports, arts and other entertainment.
- Rock The Cane – Facebook
A campaign to change the world’s perception about sight loss.
- Samantha Bonouvrie – Youtube
Art and photography videos by Samantha, who has nystagmus.
- Samantha Coleman – Youtube
Videos by Deafblind actor and inclusivity activist Samantha.
- Sandy’s View – Blog
Blog created by The Chicago Lighthouse, to answer commonly asked questions about living with visual impairment.
- The Secret Blind – Blog
This blogger shares their experiences of living with sight loss, showing that it is still possible to lead a positive life, because “there is a beauty in difference”.
- See My Way – Blog
Blog written by Elin Williams, discussing her volunteering work in Belgium and her general experiences of living with sight loss. I got to meet her at a Christmas meal in December 2018.
- See The World Thru My Eyes – Blog
Blog by Antonia, a blind millennial, about her experiences.
- The Shifty Eyes Blog – Blog
Blog by nystagmus sufferer Jo, featuring various posts about living with the condition, as well as other topics.
- Sightless Musings – Blog
Anél’s blog about her experiences as a blind person and raising disability awareness.
- Sightly Imperfect Stagey – Blog
Leah’s blog about accessible theatre experiences for visually impaired and disabled people.
- Sinéad Kane – Blog / Youtube
Dr. Sinead Kane is a blind athlete and public speaker who has aniridia like me.
- Six Blind Kids – Youtube
Videos by the Bartling family, who have adopted 6 children who happen to be blind, sharing their fun times and experiences.
- Steve Fox & York The Guide Dog – Youtube
Videos by an Australian surfer and paddle boarder about his activities and life with Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- Stories From The Edge Of Blindness – Blog
Susan’s experiences living with retinitis pigmentosa, along with her poetry and creative writing.
- Story Of A Blind Life – Blog / Youtube
Diana’s blog about living with sight loss, along with reviews of books and software, relationship advice, and more.
- Suddenly Sightless – Podcast / Youtube
Podcast series by Laura & Alex on daily life with sight loss.
- Tales Of Northwick – Blog
A blog written through the wobbly eyes of Northwick Bear who, like his owner Frank, has nystagmus. It has lots of stories about how the condition affects them.
- The Thinking Mom – Youtube
Videos by Effie, a psychologist, whose daughter Sofia has aniridia like me.
- Tommy Edison – Website / TikTok / Youtube
Tommy is a blind radio presenter and film critic, who has made fun and positive videos answering people’s questions about sight loss.
- Theory Of A Blind Man – Youtube
Whistler’s videos about blindness, entertainment, gaming and more.
- This Blind Hijabi Can – Blog
Blog by Khafsa Gulam about life as a blind Muslim in the UK.
- Through My Lenses – Blog
Stunning images by internationally renowned legally blind photographer David Katz. See my mention of his speech at the Nystagmus Network Open Day.
- Tina Franziska Paulick – Blog
Tina is a visually impaired German blogger living in Ireland, writing about her experiences and adventures.
- Undercover Superhero – Blog
Ami’s blog about living with Transverse Myelitis, Ataxia, hearing difficulties, central vision loss, and other health conditions.
- Unsightly Opinions – Youtube
Videos by a blind lady with albinism from Canada.
- Veronica With Four Eyes – Blog
Veronica’s blog about visual impairment, assistive technology and accessibility.
- VI Blind Resources – Blog / TikTok / Youtube
Chelsey’s blog and audio described vlogs about life with sight loss.
- VI Critic – Blog
Reviews of theatre shows in Essex and London’s West End by Alex, who is visually impaired.
- Visually Impaired Designer – Youtube
Angela’s videos about visual impairment, technology, braille and advice on designing for people with sight loss.
- Was That A Dinosaur? – Blog
Blog by Lynne about her life with Charles Bonnet Syndrome.
- Where’s Your Dog? – Blog
Meagan’s blog about living with a visual impairment, the technology she uses to help her, and other relevant topics that interest her.
- Wibbly Wobbly Eyes – Blog
A blog by Leah about nystagmus and her daily life.
- Wilmot’s Writings – Blog
Laura’s blog about being visually impaired and a guide dog owner, plus posts about college, gender equality, LGBT issues, entertainment and politics.
- Your Canadian Blind Girl – Youtube
Ashley’s videos about her life with blindness, along with makeup tutorials and more.
- Andrea Lausell – Website / TikTok / Youtube
Andrea’s videos about living with spina bifida and other disability issues.
- Andy Signs – Youtube
Andy’s videos spreading awareness of deaf culture and American Sign Language.
- Annie Elainey – Youtube
Annie’s videos on issues relating to disability, chronic illness, body image, gender, LGBT+ race, mental health, and her own creative arts work.
- Bendy Blogs – Blog
Blog by Sophie, a disability rights campaigner, about living with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS).
- Blindly Wheeling – Blog
Wheelchair user Paul is a keen advocate and promoter of accessibility for all, and is the founder of Disabled Access Day.
- Brains On Wheels – Blog / Youtube
Ailsa’s blog about life with cerebral palsy and the things she enjoys.
- Can I Play That? – Blog
Accessibility resource for players and developers of video games, with reviews, commentaries, opinions, accessibility guides and community engagement.
- Carrie-Ann Lightley – Blog
Carrie-Ann’s accessible travel blog, featuring reviews, guides and tips for travelling as a wheelchair user in the UK and abroad. I met her at the AccessAble stand at Naidex 2019.
- Charlotte Eades – Youtube
Charlotte was a very strong and inspirational young lady who posted videos documenting her life with cancer. Her family have kept her channel online since her untimely death, expanding it with further videos about Charlotte’s life and the Charlotte’s BAG charity set up in her memory.
- Colly Of The Wobbles – Youtube
Shelly, who has a heart condition and EDS, posts a variety of videos on her channel, about books, disability, body image, poetry, LGBTQ+, and other things she enjoys.
- Cool Breeze & Dirty Knees – Blog
Blog by Hannah, a disability campaigner and music lover, who has EDS and writes about her experiences and anything else that interests her.
- Deafie Blogger – Blog
E’s blog about her daily barriers, challenges and achievement’s as a deaf person.
- Diary Of A Disabled Person – Blog
Emma’s biographical blog about her life as a wheelchair user.
- Disability Visibility Project – Blog
Posts content about ableism, intersectionality, culture, media and politics from a disabled perspective.
- From Sarah Lex – Blog
Sarah’s blog about disability, beauty and lifestyle.
- Gem Turner – Blog / Youtube
Gem’s blog about life as a wheelchair user and all the things she enjoys, including fashion, beauty and technology.
- Gin & Lemonade – Blog
Blog by Lorna, who has cerebral palsy, about her thoughts and experiences.
- Ginny Butcher – Website
Ginny is an experienced disability activist with Muscular Dystrophy, working with a wide variety of individuals and organisations to advocate and educate.
- Hannah’s Hope – Blog
Hannah’s blog about her experiences as a powerchair user, her work as a disability activist and her support of Starlight Children’s Foundation.
- I Need A Cool Name – Youtube
Vlogs by Isaac about his adventures as a disabled person.
- Jay On Life – Youtube
Jay is a disabled blogger who promotes accessible places to visit in London and posts about other places she’s visited around the world.
- Jessica Kellgren-Fozard – Blog / Youtube
Jessica, a deaf lesbian, TV presenter and producer, publishes posts and videos about disability, travel, films, food, fashion and more.
- Just Geeking By – Blog
Heather’s blog focusing on geekiness, disability and beauty topics.
- Landie – Youtube
Wheelchair user Landie posts vlogs and funny videos on his channel.
- Life Of Pippa – Blog
Pippa’s blog about living with a chronic illness, her love of books and theatre, and more.
- Life On The Slow Lane – Blog
Blog by Carrie, who has Ullrich Congenital Muscular Dystrophy, writing about her own experiences and interviewing other disabled people.
- A Life On Wheels – Blog
Ross has Spinal Muscular Atrophy and blogs about his experiences and disability access.
- The Life Quadriplegic – Blog
Blog by Alex, a quadriplegic powerchair user, talking about disability, technology, mental health, travel, music festivals and more.
- Lifestyle & Living – Blog
Melanie’s blog about living with an auto-immune conditon.
- Living Able – Youtube
Kristen’s videos giving advice, support and inspiration to other disabled people to transform their lives, and discussing her own experiences.
- Lucy Watts MBE – Blog / Youtube
Lucy is a disability activist, charity ambassador, public speaker and blogger, raising awareness of issues affecting people with chronic illnesses.
- Mik Scarlet – Blog / Youtube
Mik is a broadcaster, journalist and musician, and posts about disability, accessibility, fitness, TV appearances, music videos and other projects.
- Moanments & Memories – Blog
Melany’s blog about chronic illness, accessibility, lifestyle and travel.
- Neuro Wonderful – Blog / Youtube
Amythest’s videos and posts about autism, neurodiversity and disability.
- No Superhero – Blog
Blog by Heather, who has cerebral palsy and Scheuermann’s, about disability, mental health and lifestyle.
- Notebook Of A Neckbreather – Blog
Blog by wheelchair user Alex, about disability, lifestyle, beauty, football and travel.
- The One Arm Wonder – Blog
Blog by a lady with only one arm, to show that she can still do what she loves.
- pppphd – Blog
Blog by Dr Alex Lee, a PhD researcher, about her life with Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- Rev. Rebecca Writes – Blog
Rebecca’s blog about disability awareness, faith, books and poetry.
- Rikki Poynter – Website / TikTok / Youtube
Rikki is a deaf vlogger who posts videos about deaf awareness, accessibility, mental health issues and much more.
- Sam Downie – Website / Youtube
Sam is a neurodiverse TV and radio presenter, podcaster, actor, filmmaker, model, motion capture performer and public speaker.
- Shona Louise – Blog / Youtube / Photography Website
Shona regularly posts about her experiences as a powerchair user, campaigns for accessibility and inclusion, and showcases her love of theatre.
- Simply Emma – Blog / Youtube
Blog by Emma, a powerchair user, reviewing accessible travel and concerts.
- Steph Weller – Blog / Youtube
Steph has Spondylolisthesis and is a model, actress, singer, business owner, blogger and inspirational speaker.
- Tincture of Museum – Blog
Blog by Claire Madge about autism in museums, her work as a museum volunteers, and reviews of exhibitions. See also her website about Autism In Museums.
- Uncanny Vivek – Blog / Youtube
Vivek Gohil, a wheelchair user, posts about accessible gaming, assistive technology, comic books, mental health and disability representation. I joined him and 2 other guests on a CXcon accessibility panel discussion in 2020.
- View From A Walking Frame – Blog / Youtube
Nicola Golding’s blog posts and videos about her life with cerebral palsy.
- Wandering Everywhere – Blog
Amy hasn’t let Chron’s Disease stop her from travelling all over the world and exploring lots of wonderful places, as her blog proves.
- Wheelescapades – Blog
Gemma’s blog about life as a wheelchair user, including trips around the UK, festivals and gigs, eating out and drinking tea, general musings and much more.
- When Tania Talks – Blog / Youtube
Tania’s blog about life with chronic illnesses including Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, where she discusses disability, fashion, beauty, parenting and more.
- Wonder Moms – Blog
Information and advice from 3 mothers on bringing up special needs children.
Organisations – Sight Loss & Disability
You can see details of my involvement with some of these organisations (and others) in my blog entries relating to Visual Impairment & Accessibility, Media & Public Speaking, Guest Posts & Interviews and Mentions & Tags.
- Ability Superstore – Blog
- Access Card – Youtube
- Aniridia Network – Blog / Youtube
- Guide Dogs – Youtube
- Henshaws – Youtube
- HumanWare – Youtube
- London Vision – Blog / Youtube
This organisation has ceased operating, but some of their old posts are still online at the links above, along with an East London Vision blog and videos by staff member Bhavini Makwana.
- Naidex – Youtube
- Nystagmus Network – Blog / Youtube
- Optelec – Youtube
- Rare Disease UK – Youtube
- RNIB – Youtube
- Scope – Blog / Youtube
- Stand Up To Cancer – Youtube
- Transport For All – Youtube
- Traveleyes – Youtube
- VocalEyes – Youtube
Podcasts – Sight Loss & Disability
- General News & Information:
- BBC Access All – Formerly BBC Ouch.
- BBC In Touch -Fern Lulham interviewed me on this show in October 2020.
- RNIB Connect Radio
- Talk Description To Me
- Assistive Aids & Technology:
- AT Banter
- Blind Bargains
- Blind Sanity (Fabrice Rocchiccioli)
- Gear, Gadgets & Gizmos (Phil Friend)
- Life After Blindness (Tim Schwartz)
- Chat & Interviews:
- Blind Abilities
- The Blind Spot (Thomas Pocklington Trust)
- Bumping Into Walls (University of Calgary Student Radio Society)
- Dancing Eyes Podcast (Frankie Caputo interviewing people with nystagmus)
- The Disability Download (Leonard Cheshire)
- Eyes On Success (Peter Torpey & Nancy Goodman Torpey)
- How We Got Here (Transport For All)
- lABLEd (Alice Evans & Lucy Wood)
- It’s My Job (Perkins School For The Blind)
- Let’s Talk About It (Irwin Mitchell Solicitors)
- Purple Elephant (Sassy Wyatt)
- Rare With Flair (Casey Greer & Cassandra Mendez)
- See Different (James Rath)
- TalkAbility (Robert & Kieran)
- The Things We Don’t See (Fern Lulham)
- Visionscope (Wilbert Williams)
- VisualEyes (Bhavini Makwana)
- Ways Of Not Seeing (David Bradford)
- Other Interests:
- Accessible South Africa Travel
- Eyes Free Sports
- Fashionability (Emily Davison & Laura Legendary)
London Blogs & Videos
My Top 10
- Geoff Marshall – Youtube
Videos about the Tube and London railway network, and train travel across the UK. See my posts about the All The Stations project.
- IanVisits – Blog
Ian’s blog about some of the more unusual events in London, and news about London’s transport systems. His email newsletter of weekly events is great too.
- Jay Foreman – Website / Youtube
Jay makes educational videos that are incredibly well edited, very funny and really interesting, including his great Unfinished London and Map Men series.
- A Lady In London – Blog
The adventures of a London-based travel blogger and public speaker.
- Londonist – Website / YouTube
Articles and videos all about London attractions, events, transport, hidden secrets, and lots of other things. It’s an essential site to keep an eye on for upcoming things to do.
- London Wlogger – Blog
Stu’s blog about his exploratory London walks, discovering the city’s history and hidden gems.
- Time Out – Website / Youtube
Extensive guide to what’s happening in London, including events and attractions.
- Tubemapper – Blog
Photography around the London Underground.
- Visit London – Website / Youtube
Official guide to London, with stuff to do, places to go and things to see.
- Watched Walker – Youtube
Real-time videos walking through parts of London, and other locations in the UK & abroad.
Other London Creators
- About London Laura – Blog
Laura’s blog about things to see and do in London and elsewhere.
- Being Erica – Blog
Erica’s blog about London, travel, style and food.
- Bumpkin Betty – Blog
Travel and lifestyle blog by a lady who is actually called Jaclyn.
- Charlie, Distracted – Blog
Charlie’s about London, travel and food.
- Cheese And Biscuits – Blog
Restaurant reviews in London and elsewhere.
- City Hacks London – Youtube
Video guides by Syrus about everything to do with London, for tourists and residents.
- Experience London – Blog
Blog by Transport for London highlighting things to do.
- The Foodie Diaries – Blog
Ayushi’s guide to the best food in London and Bombay.
- John Edwards – Youtube
Beautiful aerial footage of London and other places.
- Joolz Guides – Youtube
London history walks, plus travel documentaries in other locations.
- London Planner – Website / Youtube
Free app and videos showcasing the best things to do in the city.
- London’s Screen Archives – Website / Youtube
Historical footage of London collected from various sources.
- Love & London – Blog / Youtube
Great guides for London visitors by Jess, inspiring people to explore all that the city has to offer.
- The Ministry Of Curiosity – Blog
Blog exploring the best of London’s museums, with information on new events and exhibitions.
- Perry O’Bree – TikTok / Youtube
London theatre and entertainment reviews and videos, including accessibility reviews with wheelchair user and blogger Shona Louise.
- Poppy Loves London – Blog / Youtube
London lifestyle, food and travel blog by Poppy.
- Rob’s London – Youtube
Videos exploring the city’s history, transport, true crime stories and more.
- Sunny In London – Blog / Youtube
Sunny’s blog about the best things to do in the city.
- Thinking Bob – Blog / Youtube
Social group who put on a wide variety of fun events.
Other London Youtube Channels
- Alexandra Palace
- Fortnum & Mason
- Jack The Ripper Tour
- Kenneth More Theatre
- London Transport Museum (also on TikTok)
- Museum Of London
- Natural History Museum
- Official London Theatre (also on Tiktok)
- Olympia London
- Science Museum
- Smartify (Museums App)
- Transport For London (also on TikTok)
- Victoria & Albert Museum (also on TikTok)
- Wallace Collection
- Wellcome Collection
- Young Vic Theatre
Entertainment Sites & Videos
- TV & Film:
- BBC Click – Website / Youtube
The BBC’s technology news programme on Youtube.
- The Last Leg – Website / Youtube
Clips from the hit Channel 4 comedy show.
- Network Distributing – Website / Youtube
Trailers for their DVD releases of classic TV shows and films.
- QI: Quite Interesting – Website / TikTok / Youtube
Highlights from the very interesting and funny panel show.
- BBC Click – Website / Youtube
- Bec Hill – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- Chris McCausland – Website / Youtube
- Christian & Nat – Youtube
- Dave Gorman – Website / Blog / Youtube 1 / Youtube 2
- Jason Manford – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- Jimmy Carr – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- Julie Nolke – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- LadBaby – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- Ricky Gervais – Website / Youtube
- Ross Noble – Website / Youtube
- Sarah Millican – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- All The Stations – Website / Youtube
Geoff & Vicki’s videos of their travels to all the mainline railway stations in the UK and Ireland. I backed them on Kickstarter, sponsored a station and appeared in a video (and I’ve mentioned the project in various posts). Geoff also regularly posts on his own channel about the London Underground and National Rail stations.
- Braincraft – TikTok / Youtube
Fun educational videos by Vanessa on psychology, neuroscience and behaviour.
- Draw Curiosity – Website / Youtube
Entertaining videos on science, language, maths and psychology.
- Jay Foreman – Website / Youtube
Humourous educational clips on London and geography, and some silly songs.
- Matt Gray – Website, TikTok & Youtube
Amusing and interesting videos by Matt, a broadcast engineer and friend of Tom Scott.
- Minute Physics – Youtube
Concise, informative and delightfully hand-drawn science videos.
- Stand Up Maths – Website / Youtube
Matt Parker’s fun videos about interesting aspects of mathematics.
- Steve Mould – Website / TikTok / Youtube
Entertaining science videos and experiments.
- Thoughty2 – Youtube
Very interesting videos explaining and investigating a wide variety of topics.
- Tom Scott – Website / Youtube / Tom Scott Plus
Brilliant factual videos on technology, science, travel and more.
- Veritasium – Website / TikTok / Youtube 1 / Youtube 2 / Youtube 3
Great videos on science, education and other topics.
- Vsauce – Website / Youtube 1 / Youtube 2 / Youtube 3
Wonderful videos with very high production values, on science and other topics that inspire people’s curiosity.
- Youtube Creators Team – Academy / Insider
Informative videos with advice for Youtube creators.
- All The Stations – Website / Youtube
- Queen – Website / Youtube / TikTok
- ABBA – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- Led Zeppelin – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- Madness – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- The Rolling Stones – Website / TikTok / Youtube
- Status Quo – Website / Youtube
4 thoughts on “Blogs, Videos & Podcasts”
Thank you for featuring us, and thank you for such a wonderful list! You gave me lots of blogs and Youtube channels to follow. We have a youtube channel too. Pretty new to be honest, but… 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
My pleasure, you’re very welcome! And good luck with the Youtube channel, I’ve added it to the list! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! 🙂 I have no idea what I’m doing… yet. I’ll figure that in time.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yeah, you’ll be fine. We’re all pretty clueless when we start out, and even now I can’t claim to be an expert! But as you produce more content and play about with things, the more you’ll figure out what works best for you. It’s a learning curve, but an interesting one. 🙂