When I was young my family and I used to visit London a few times a year to spend time with our relatives, during Easter, summer and Christmas. So naturally we would often go out to see the sights. And once I’d bought a camcorder for my America trip, it was only natural to take it with me to London to get some footage of the city, along with a few other locations that we visited on day trips.
So in this post I’m going to share some of those clips from 2000, which are also in my travel playlist. They’re not audio described, but if you are able to see them then I hope you enjoy them!
These are the clips I filmed in the city:
- London Aquarium – Lots of beautiful fish in here.
- London Eye – We had a professional guide in the capsule with us pointing out sights throughout the ride. It’s a shame they stopped doing that.
- Other Sights – Lots of views of The River Thames, a visit inside the Tate Modern (including the view from the top), the exterior of the Houses of Parliament, and walks through a park and The Mall. The video ends with brief mobile phone clips of the Thames in 2012 and water fountains at the Olympic Park in 2016, as it wasn’t worth giving them their own separate videos.
Local Day Trips
I’ve overlaid music on these clips as it’s better to hear that than the wind!
- Beachy Head – A beautiful place with lovely views, despite the darker purpose for which some have visited.
- Eastbourne – At the end there’s also a bit of shaky footage of The Millennium Dome, as we drove past it on the way home.
France Day Trip
- France Aquarium – The seals here are amusing, especially when they’re fighting to get a nice spot on a rock to enjoy the sun!
- France Sights – Clips from our outbound and return boat rides, the harbour, old buildings and the beach.
4 thoughts on “Video Journal – London & France – August 2000”
Another great blog post.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Cheers Amanda! 🙂