This page contains a variety of international sight loss resources (outside of the UK & USA) that you may find useful. The links are divided into headings if that helps you jump through the page.
Be sure to check out the other links pages in the menu bar, as well as my posts & videos about my own disability, and videos by others on sight loss & disability.
If you have any links you think I should add here, you can contact me on Twitter, Facebook or email.
- International Agency For The Prevention Of Blindness – The IAPB is an alliance of civil society organisations, corporates and professional bodies promoting eye health through advocacy, knowledge and partnerships. IAPB’s mission is to eliminate the main causes of avoidable blindness and visual impairment.”
- Dräger Lienert – “Developer and distributer of ergonomically optimized assistive technology workplace solutions for people who are blind or partially sighted.” Based in Germany, with products sold internationally by U-R-Able in Canada.
- Noisy Vision – “Our mission is building a network of people who want to share their skills, resources, stories and experiences to improve the life of people with visual and/or hearing impairments, and to let others better understand them.” Based in Italy.
- Accessible Media Inc. – “Not-for-profit media company that entertains, informs and empowers Canadians who are blind or partially sighted. Operating three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French, AMI’s vision is to establish and support a voice for Canadians with disabilities.”
- Zoomax – “Committed to developing assistive technology for people with vision impairments, with a full line of low vision products including handheld, portable and desktop video magnifiers.” Based in China, with worldwide distributors.