This page contains a variety of international disability resources (outside of the UK & USA) that you may find useful. The links are divided into headings if that helps you jump through the page.
Be sure to check out the other links pages in the menu bar, as well as my posts & videos about my own disability, and videos by others on aniridia, nystagmus, sight loss & disability.
If you have any links you think I should add here, you can contact me on Twitter, Facebook or email.
- The Mighty – “A digital health community created to empower and connect people facing health challenges and disabilities. We have over 2 million registered users and are adding a new one every 20 seconds. Our stories and videos are viewed and shared more than 90 million times a month.”
- yoocan – “With thousands of yoocan community members making daily connections, finding new friendships and relevant solutions, we are the world’s #1 collaborative community for sharing experiences and knowledge for and by people with disabilities.”
- Implaser – “Manufacturer of photoluminescent security signs and signalling systems for installation in all types of buildings and industries. We also manufacture special signalling for road and railway tunnels, combining photoluminescent LED hybrid technology to perfection.” Based in Spain.”
- Quick Shoelace – “An elastic lace that doesn’t need to tie, you just stretch it and clip it. On one end of the lace is a ring that you just clip on the metal pieces. All the parts are replaceable and can be disassembled very quickly.” Based in Slovenia.
- Rehadapt – “The world’s leading manufacturer of mounting assistive technology.” Based in Germany.
- Calgary Ability Network – “A cross-sector stakeholder partnership. We collaborate to influence policy, supporting persons with disabilities.”