This page contains a variety of American sight loss resources that you may find useful. The links are divided into headings if that helps you jump through the page.
Aniridia & Nystagmus
- Aniridic Family Support Group – Facebook
- Aniridia Day – Website / Twitter / Facebook
- Aniridia Foundation International – Website / Facebook / Twitter
- Vision For Tomorrow – Website / Facebook
- WAGR Syndrome International Association – Website
- Nystagmus Family Foundation – Facebook / Twitter
- Nystagmus Network USA – Website / Facebook
- Aniridia Videos Playlist
- Nystagmus Videos Playlist
Other Sight Loss Resources
- American Council Of The Blind – “Strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.”
- American Foundation For The Blind – “The mission is to create a world of no limits for people who are blind or visually impaired. We mobilize leaders, advance understanding, and champion impactful policies and practices using research and data.”
- Audio Description Project – “Our mission is to promote and advocate for the use of high-quality Audio Description in television, movies, performing arts, museums, educational materials and other venues.”
- Audio Description Associates – “Provides recorded tours for museum exhibits, training for professional describers, guides and librarians, and description for live and recorded events and television.”
- Cool Blind Tech – “Your source for the best assistive tech news, reviews and interviews from top blind and low vision experts. an entertaining and trustworthy discussion on emerging technologies.”
- Low Vision Internet Gateway – “Your starting point to access information on the World Wide Web related to the fields of low vision rehabilitation and blindness.” Submitted by Natalie from Forever Curious.
- National Federation Of The Blind – “The ultimate purpose of the National Federation of the Blind is the complete integration of the blind into society on a basis of equality.”
- Resources for Travellers With a Vision Impairment – A comprehensive list of resources to help visually impaired travellers and their companions with planning travel, understanding your rights, travel tips, etc. Many links are to American sites, but there are some UK sites listed too. Submitted by Andrea from Upgraded Points.
- San Diego Center For The Blind – “Our mission is to help any adult with blindness or vision impairment to reach their highest level of independence. This is achieved by offering psychological counseling, training and rehabilitation, and community education and outreach programs.”
- Telephone Reader Program App – “Allows qualified patrons who are blind or visually impaired in the Southern California area to sign up for free telephone access to national and local news, advertisements, magazines, Old Time Radio Shows and so much more in both English and Spanish.”
- Utah Council Of The Blind – “Membership organization made up primarily of blind and visually impaired individuals who seek to improve the lives of people with various degrees of vision loss. We are a state affiliate of the American Council of the Blind (ACB).”