One of the main aspects of this blog is disability and visual impairment. I want to show that my eye conditions aren’t a barrier to me living my life, while discussing other relevant issues as well.
So below is a complete list of disability-themed posts that I’ve made in this blog, divided into various heading. I hope you enjoy reading them and find them useful. I’ve also made various guest posts for other sites that you may want to check out.
Also look at the post about my outings and adventures, as I often mention accessibility aspects of places I’ve been to (e.g. audio description, large print, social groups, etc).
And if there’s anything you’d like me to cover in a blog post or video, or if you have any questions about my condition and my experiences, feel free to get in touch, by commenting on one of my posts, or on Twitter or Facebook, or using the email address on my About Me page.
My Conditions (Aniridia & Nystagmus)
- Living With Aniridia
- Living With Nystagmus
- Aniridia Day – My Shining Success Story
- How I See (RNIB Campaign)
- Nystagmus Tag
- Q&A – My Aniridia & Nystagmus
- Rare Disease Day – Photo Challenge – and I was the winner!
Communication & Interaction
- The Language Of Visual Impairment
- No Offence
- My Parents At RNIB’s Manor House
- Interacting With Disabled People
- Building My New Social Network
- My First London-versary
- Message To Parents Of Visually Impaired Children
- Audiobooks – Overview
- Audiobooks – RNIB Overdrive
- DVD Audio Description
- Twitter Image Descriptions
- Youtube – Audio Description Campaign
- Youtube – Subtitles
- See also my outings and adventures for audio description I’ve used at museums, theatres, etc.
iPhone Apps & Settings
- Accessibility Settings
- Audio Eyes App (Audio description for Information Age gallery at Science Museum)
- Cinema App Test (Audio description test for the cinema using a smartphone app)
- Navigation & Travel Apps (see also older post here)
- Passport Photo Apps
- Giving A Best Man Speech
- Preparing For My First Public Talk
- Speaking At The Nystagmus Network Open Day
- The Disability Misconceptions Tag
- VIP Tag
- VIP Daily Living Tag
- For other tags that aren’t about disability, see My Tags & Q&As.
- An Awkward Bus Trip
- Discussion With A Taxi Driver
- Planning My Journeys In London
- Travelling Around London
- Using A Cane
Youtube Video Playlists
- My Disability Videos
- Aniridia & Nystagmus
- Disabled People
- Visually Impaired People
- Assistive Technology