Since starting this blog I’ve had wonderful opportunities to meet and work with various charities who support people with sight loss and disability. The following is a list of guest posts, shared content and other mentions by the charities I have connected with so far I’ve also created a contributions playlist of Youtube videos I’ve been featured or mentioned in.
Thank you to all the charities concerned. And if any sight loss or disability charities are interested in a collaboration of some sort, feel free to contact me with suggestions or requests and I’ll happily consider them.
Aniridia is one of my eye conditions, and I do a bit of online voluntary work for this charity, assisting with promotional communications and social media, as time allows. I’ve also mentioned them in various posts in this blog.
- Blog Guest Posts:
- Aniridia Network Video Editing:
- Aniridia Day Guest Posts:
- Aniridia Day Video Editing:
- Blog Guest Posts:
- Facebook Interviews:
- Youtube Interviews:
Nystagmus is my other sight condition, so naturally I’ve been getting involved with this charity as well, including giving my first ever public speech.
- Building My New Social Network (my public talk at their open day)
- Nystagmus Hero (sharing my Living With Nystagmus video)
- Glen’s Nystagmus Story (guest post for their Focus newsletter)
- Out Of Orbit – My Charity Nystagmus Abseil! (fundraising event)
I’ve been getting involved with the Royal National Institute of Blind People in a few ways, including awareness material for their campaigns and guest posts.
- How I See Campaign:
- Guest Posts:
- Shared Posts:
I’ve been involved with a few campaigns with this disability charity, helping to spread awareness and support.
- End The Awkward:
- Vloggers respond to our #EndTheAwkward 2015 campaign (featured at 0:25)
- Bullied for being disabled, but we turned it into a positive (guest blog post)
- Bullying and moving forward (guest community forum post)
- Making friends in a new environment (guest community forum post)