Since starting this blog I’ve had wonderful opportunities to meet and work with various charities who support people with sight loss and disability. The following is a list of guest posts, shared content and other mentions by the charities I have connected with so far I’ve also created a contributions playlist of Youtube videos I’ve been featured or mentioned in.
Thank you to all the charities concerned. And if any sight loss or disability charities are interested in a collaboration of some sort, do feel free to get in touch with suggestions or requests and I’ll happily consider them. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message me on Facebook or Twitter. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂
Aniridia is one of my eye conditions, and I do a bit of online voluntary work for this charity, assisting with promotional communications and social media, as time allows. I’ve also mentioned them in various posts in this blog.
- Blog Guest Posts:
- Aniridia Network Video Editing:
- Aniridia Day Guest Posts:
- Aniridia Day Video Editing:
I joined East London Vision shortly after moving to London and have taken part in many social events with them since.
- Blog Guest Posts:
- Facebook Interviews:
- Youtube Interviews:
Euan’s Guide is a huge charity-run website where you can find disabled access reviews, and submit your own, for locations and attractions across the UK.
They have very kindly included me in 12 disabled bloggers to add to your reading list. Cheers guys!
Nystagmus is my other sight condition, so naturally I’ve been getting involved with this charity as well, including giving my first ever public speech.
- My Story:
- Abseil For Nystagmus Research:
- My Fundraising Page
- My promos: Blog, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram post & Instagram Story.
- My Thank You Shoutouts page.
- Shared by Nystagmus Network in advance on their blog, newsletter, Facebook & Twitter.
- Shared by Nystagmus Network on the weekend in their blog & newsletter.
- Shared by Moorfields Eye Charity on their website, Facebook & Twitter.
- Thank you to everyone else who shared, retweeted and reblogged it!
I’ve been getting involved with the Royal National Institute of Blind People in a few ways, including awareness material for their campaigns and guest posts.
- How I See Campaign:
- Guest Posts:
- Shared Posts:
I’ve been involved with a few campaigns with this disability charity, helping to spread awareness and support.
- End The Awkward:
- Vloggers respond to our #EndTheAwkward 2015 campaign (featured at 0:25)
- Bullied for being disabled, but we turned it into a positive (guest blog post)
- Bullying and moving forward (guest community forum post)
- Making friends in a new environment (guest community forum post)